Throughout the past few years, phone technology has experienced significant advances and rapid growth. This is excellent news for small businesses in need of a fully-functional business phone system.
While traditional phone systems were once a great option for businesses of all sizes, multi-line phone systems have become one of the best ways to easily communicate with your colleagues, clients, and business partners.
What is a Multi-Line Phone System?
Every business, no matter its size, operates differently; however, every organization can benefit from having a multi-line phone system installed. Multi-line systems take the lines that run into your business and split them into multiple lines. This allows two or more phones to be linked at once via the same connection. No matter the size or growth rate of your business, a multi-line system can be essential to you.
Why Does Your Small Business Need a Multi-Line Phone System?
If we’re going to be completely honest, most every available multi-line phone system is suitable for your smaller business. Your ideal phone system depends on the type of business you own or manage and what your prospects for the organization are. Take a moment and ask yourself these questions:
- Do your employees need their line and extension number?
- Are you looking to continue growing your business or maintain its current size?
- Will you move locations in the future, or do you plan to stay in your current workspace?
- Do you want to give your customers a dedicated number for a particular department or employee?
When choosing a business phone system that is suited to you and your company, you need to ensure it will suit your growth strategy, improve communication channels, support your existing processes, and is flexible enough to adapt to your ever-changing needs. Moreover, with a multi-line business phone system, you can have peace of mind knowing you’ll benefit from each of these factors.
Also Read: Office Phone Systems for Small Business
Types of Multi-Line Phone Systems
If you’ve decided to invest in a multi-line phone system, your next step is to choose which system is suitable for your business and its growth plan. There are three popular types of multi-line systems to choose from, including the 2-line, 4-line, and cloud-based systems.
- 2-Line System – 2-line business phone systems are an excellent option for startup businesses, companies in the early stages of growth, and home-based organizations. With this system, you can keep your business and personal lines, voicemails, and numbers connected yet separate via the same device. Larger companies can also use this type of business phone system for different areas and departments within their organization.
- 4-Line System – Most commonly used in larger businesses or those that consist of smaller teams, 4-line business phone systems allow each individual within the company have their line and use it without interruption. However, it’s crucial to know how many lines your company needs simultaneously rather than just phones.
- Cloud-Based – While there are many options to choose from, several multi-line systems are now cloud-based. This type of phone line replaces traditional setups with cheaper, virtual networks that require less hardware. Also, rather than being desk-bound, you can use this type of system wherever you go. By choosing cloud phones, you will benefit from more versatility scalability, flexibility, and a more straightforward installation process.
Essential Features of Multi-Line Phone Systems
- Personal and Speed Dial Directory – A personal phone book that is in each desk phone your business has. You can make calls from this directory, but the size of the phonebook will depend on the phone system you purchase. Speed dial makes calling critical numbers easier than manual dialing.
- Voicemail – This allows your customers or partners to leave a voicemail if you missed their call.
- Speakerphone – You can use your phone hands-free with this feature.
- Call Waiting – You can be notified of incoming calls while you’re on the line. You can use your handset to put one call on hold while answering your other call. This way, you won’t miss any calls, and your customers will be taken care of at all times.
- Headset Mode – Several phone systems have a place for you to plug in a headset, allowing you to communicate hands-free. You can easily take notes or pull up files on your computer without putting your call on hold.
- Caller ID – This feature shows you the number of the caller, so you know who’ll be speaking with before answering the phone call.
Looking for a Multi-Line Phone System Provider?
IDeACOM, NC is here!
When you own or manage a business, you need to have a phone system that you can rely on. However, it would help if you didn’t have to struggle to find a reliable yet affordable multi-line phone system, especially with so many available options.
To choose a business phone system that’s suitable for your business, you need to know what you currently need and what you’ll need in the future. If you have more questions about multi-line phone systems and how to find the right one for your organization, give IDeACOM NC a call today at ☎ (336) 854-4455 for assistance.